As Raleigh’s LGBT Chamber of Commerce it is our mission is to foster opportunities for LGBTQ businesses, professionals, and allies.
In an effort to further expand our influence in the business and professional community, The Raleigh Business and Professional Network, Inc. (RBPN) has become the Triangle’s only official Chamber of Commerce affiliate with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC).
Mission & Purpose
As stated in the organization’s bylaws, The Network is a non-profit corporation as defined by applicable North Carolina law and is not organized for the private gain of any person.
The specific goals of the Network shall be:
- To establish and nurture a network of business and professional resources;
- To encourage fellowship and support among businesses; professionals, and charitable pursuits;
- To provide and promote positive role models in the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, and Transgender communities;
- To oppose prejudice in society at large and within the homosexual community on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, race, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, or political affiliation;
- To oppose the exploitation of anyone because of age, gender, or lack of power; and
- To foster communication, tolerance, and mutual support among gay men, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender people and accepting heterosexuals.
NGLCC Official Affiliation
In 2017, The Raleigh Business and Professional Network, Inc. (RBPN) became the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce’s official affiliate as Raleigh’s LGBT Chamber of Commerce.